The Global PV Inverter Landscape: Technology and Market Trends, 2011-2015
มิถุนายน 17, 2011 ใส่ความเห็น
for a free webinar with GTM Research Solar Analyst, MJ Shiao on Thursday, June 16, where he will discuss the latest trends in the global inverter market and present the key findings from this report.
The global inverter market is assuming a greater profile along the solar PV supply chain with advances in inverter technology promising more sophisticated grid support and system optimization for residential installations up to utilityscale, multi-MW projects. Inverter technology development is attracting and will continue to attract greater attention as gains in long-term project generation and reliability become crucial to achieve project bankability given forecasted cuts in global solar incentives (i.e., FiTs) and competitive PPA modeling.
Along with the industry’s increasing technology and bankability requirements, leading EU-based inverter suppliers are seeing global demand shift away from their domestic markets toward major PV growth markets in North America and Asia. In the coming year, this expansion of global demand will lead to increased competition and slower growth for inverter incumbents who do not diversify from their domestic base while providing new supply opportunities to US- and Asia-based inverter manufacturers and to global energy conglomerates leveraging parallel power inversion competencies.
FIGURE: Global PV Inverter Manufacturer Taxonomy
Note: Click on image above for link to larger version / Source: GTM Research
GTM Research’s latest analysis on the global inverter market covers the industry from end-to-end, exploring the technology’s increasing importance in the functionality of PV power delivery. The report also dissects inverter deployment across market segment, as micro-inverter technologies begin to capture greater share of residential and commercial installations. In addition, the report presents in detail the competitive dynamics that global inverter manufacturers will encounter as PV demand decentralizes and regional supply factors influence global market share.
- Review of recent inverter-based technology gains, including reactive voltage support, low voltage/fault ride-through, power ramp and frequency controls
- Competitive analysis of global PV market dynamics driving inverter demand
- Global demand forecasts by country and market segment through 2015
- Examination of the business case for micro-inverters
- Over 40 company profiles of leading and emerging manufacturers globally
QUESTIONS FOR COMPETITIVE DECISION-MAKING:
- As global solar demand spreads and inverter market share splinters, what will the competitive landscape look like?
- What are the global market shares of major inverter manufacturers?
- Can micro-inverters compete and earn widespread adoption across all market segments?
- Which competitive strategies are manufacturers pursuing?
FIGURE: Cost Structure of Utility Inverter
Source: GTM Research